How to Get a Florida Cosmetology License
Here are the steps that must be taken to obtain a Florida Cosmetology License.
- Complete 1,200 cosmetology school program hours. You must be at least 16 years of age or have received a high school diploma to enter a cosmetology program.
- Submit an application to take the Cosmetology License Exam, along with applicable fees, at https://www.myfloridalicense.com/datamart/loginFLDBPR.do. You will receive written notification from Pearson VUE, the state's exam vendor, to schedule a time for the written cosmetology exam.
- Take the Cosmetology License Examination. The exam is split into two portions: theory and clinical. Both portions must be passed within a two year period of each other. For more information on the exam, view the Candidate Information Booklet for the Cosmetology Licensure Examination.
- Complete a 4-hour HIV/AIDS Training Course. This course must be completed no more than two years prior to submitting the application for a cosmetology license.
- Apply for your license at https://www.myfloridalicense.com/datamart/loginFLDBPR.do. You will need to submit proof of graduation from cosmetology school, completion of the exam, and completion of the HIV/AIDS Course. You will also need to pay an application fee at this time.
Florida Online Cosmetology provides the four hour HIV/AIDS course needed to apply for your license in a convenient, 100% online format. Topics include communicable diseases and infection control procedures.
Benefits of our Online Course:
- Take the course on your own time using any computer or device that is connected to the internet.
- Go at your own pace; log in and out as much as you'd like.
- Unlimited attempts at the final exam
- 24/7 Customer support
We make it easy to meet your 4-hour HIV/AIDS Course requirement so you can get your license and get to work!